2015-08-16 06:07:19 UTC
-Static type system
-A simple object system
-Multi-methods dispatched runtime (and also compile-time)
-Parametrized (type parameters) classes, types, and procedures
-A module system
-Two kinds of variables: constants and mutable variables. The value of a constant cannot be changed after the constant is created.
New features in version 0.9.0 include:
Linker strips away unused code.
- Optimized application functionals apply, apply-nonpure, and apply-without-result.
- Implemented keyword import-and-reeexport for importing and reexporting modules.
- Implemented keywords match-type and try-cast for type casting.
- Implemented the symbol tables in the compiler and linker as hash tables instead of lists.
- Made the foreign function interface better. It is no longer necessary to specify equivalence predicates for external classes. Keyword prevent-stripping prevents stripping away a variable, which may be needed with the FFI.
- The Theme-D configuration file may be put into user's home directory instead of /etc.
- Tommi Höynälänmaa